Sunday, April 18, 2010

Armpit Fat and Thai yumminess

I am maintaining my 12 lb weight loss with ease. I have not been this skinny since college, and I was not overweight to start with! For me to lose 12 lbs and keep it off has been truly unbelievable. As for my flat butt, my trainer has me convinced that by kicking my gluteal routine up a notch (so to speak), I can get more "lift" without needing to regain the weight that is also noticeably absent from my belly and armpit area. Only once in my life have a been happy to learn that I had gained some "armpit fat", and that was from my mammographer/radiologist. She required several additional and freaking painful views of the area which scared the be-jesus out of me until she told me she'd had to basically mash my fat better to make sure there were no bad spots in the newly fattened region! I digress...

I've been getting away with having one night of feasting per week: out to dinner or at a party with two glasses of wine, lots of tasting of yummy foods, what I call my moments of "Unconscious Indulgence". I also take my daily Conscious Indulgences of dark chocolate--always between 1/2 ounce and 1 ounce. Keri Glassman recommends one Conscious Indulgence per week. NO way could I do that. Guess I am super lucky, but then again, I am active: chiropractic has me moving all day AND I exercise 6 days per week.


Last night I had one of my food fests: out to Thai food with friends. For those of you who live near Morgan Hill, CA and like Thai food, you MUST go to House of Siam. It is one of the best Thai restaurants around. The owners are so sweet and the food is truly awesome. Anyway, after the vegetarian Tom Yum soup, the Spicy Beef with vegetables, the cashew chicken and the Sea Bass with Thai basil and bell peppers, all accompanied by some Creekview Chardonnay, I shared a plate of Sticky Rice and Mango. Yummm! This morning, I was inspired to create a breakfast based on that dessert while sticking within the O2 Diet guidelines. Check the recipe out at the right!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away. I will try to answer all questions!