Thursday, May 6, 2010

Working on identifying stressors and engaging in control behavior. I am pretty dang clear on why I am stressed but not so good about engaging in alternate behaviors to eating as a response to the stress. What I like to do is distract myself on websurfing or facebooking while nibbling. This usually happens at night when I get home from work and am tired. I am going to try something novel: go to sleep earlier. Like 9:30 pm! Cuz 9 pm is just NOT the time I want to clean a sock drawer, go for a walk or take a long bath. Too much effort after a long day that started at 5 am.

The other strategy is to read a book. I love to read. I don't need to snack while I read and it is a good escape to the underlying stress.

So I gained back some weight. Up to 132 from 129. I look fine, but it messed with my mind. I want to hang onto those low numbers, as if the numbers are important. Not sure why. I like the way I feel at this super light weight, and I like not having a puffy tummy for the first time ever, although my derriere is woefully flat. Anyway, it is very apparent that the reason that I gained some pounds was that I started nibbling unconsciously--did not pre-measure my snacks. I fully get that having my morning and afternoon snacks are required, not optional if I want to keep my evening meal in check, that alcohol lowers my inhibitions significantly enough to overeat or make poor choices and that if I don't premeasure my snacks, I keep nibbling and nibbling. Good lessons to learn.

I need to refocus on counting my ORAC points and logging my food.

Here goes today:

1 pc 7 grain toast
1 tbsp unsalted almond butter
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 c nonfat milk

3/4 c nonfat milk
1/4 tsp cinnamon
2 shots espresso

1 c coffee
2 T whipped cream
1/4 tsp cinnamon

10 pecan halves
1 red bell pepper

spinach salad w 1 T vinaigrette
10 cherry tomatoes
1/3 avocado
4 oz salmon

10 pecan halves
1/2 dark chocolate

4 oz salmon
1 c asparagus with 1 tsp oregano
1 c strawberries

Total ORAC pts 36,000

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away. I will try to answer all questions!