Monday, June 14, 2010

Back from vacation and time for true confessions. Let's begin my emphasizing the positive: I DID get lots and lots of ORAC points. I also had plenty of food without so many ORAC points. Like white wine nightly. And chocolate birthday cake. And oatmeal raisin cookies with TRANS FATS. I EVEN had a few bites of my first ever funnel cake!!!!! I kid you not! Did I weigh myself on return? Not on your life. I am focusing on getting right back in the saddle with all my healthy meals and snacks (which I DID eat while on vacation; I just added some additional unconscious indulgences---;-P) and JOURNALLING my intake.

Been reading "Mindless Eating". Great book on how we plow in extra food and calories without even knowing it and how we can also avoid those hidden calories with just a little planning and tricking ourselves. I am now using smaller plates, bowls and eating utensils and prepacking or premeasuring all my foods and snacks! More tips on that as I read along...

Great talk with Keri G on the phone today. She is so encouraging and supportive and full of wonderful ideas for the Adventurers in a Nutritious Life support group I am kicking off here at the clinic on June 24. Still have a few slots left for that support group which ought to be pretty inspiring and help to insure great results and great fun on the O2 Lifestyle! Of course, a person needs to live in Silicon valley to attend since we are located in Cupertino, CA. One need not be a chiropractic patient of mine to attend. If interested, just give us a call or email me. 408-255-2592

drsteindc@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away. I will try to answer all questions!