Thursday, June 3, 2010

Eating 02 friendly on Vacation! Can I do it?

Whew! whirlwind of a life lately and ready to blast off for vacation on the South Jersey Shore tomorrow with my fabulous sibs, spouses, nieces and nephews. Thank goodness we are renting a beach house with a giant kitchen so I can cook up lots of 02 friendly food! I'm even packing the book so I can make up some of my favorite recipes and try out some new ones. I know that at least my sister and sista-in-laws will like the food.  Maybe my brothers will even chow down on the Ancho peppered Flank Steak with Chimichurra sauce or the Sesame crusted Seared Ahi with Jicama Cabbage slaw! Of course I just MUST make up a big batch of the Chicken Mole. YUM!!! Then there is the Ancho rubbed Tilapia with AvoMango salsa. Can't get enough of that!  Gonna make up some new recipes too, all while reading "Stick" and also "Switch" by Chip and Dan Health--two phenomenal books on how to make your ideas stick in others' minds and on how to switch behavior--ie create change and new habits. All of this material is for the 02 Diet Support Group, "Adventurers in a Nutritious Life", starting Thursday June June 24 at 6:30 pm at my clinic! Also plan to read "Mindless Eating" as fuel for the support group.

So I am determined while on vacation to continue to generously feed my self yummy nutritious anti oxidant loaded meals and snacks and focus on my family and relaxing as opposed to nervously and unconsciously feeding myself foods that aren't as supportive of my well being! That is a tall order, as it is easy for me to slip into unconscious behaviors while on vacation. Gee, I wonder if anyone else has that problem, especially while on a big FAMILY vacation! hahahaha

In the meantime, check out my new recipe for Watermelon Tomato Gazpacho!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away. I will try to answer all questions!