Thursday, June 17, 2010

My Big Win with the Evil Tortilla Chips!

Bummer. Last night, right before I was to sit down to blog,  I decided to shave some super thin slices of hard aged organic Parmesan. Instead I shaved by index finger. Badly. Owie. still hurts. So no blogging last night. At least I can type today.

So yesterday and Tuesday I had terrific O2 food all day, and when I went out for Mexican lunch yesterday, I did not TOUCH the basket of tortilla chips! Yay me! I was VERY proud of myself. Once I start on those I can rarely stop until the basket is empty. Normally I ask the waiter to remove the basket of the evil bastards, but my lunch companion wanted them, so I had to exercise self discipline. I am always so impressed with myself when I can do that...I had a seared Ahi salad with walnuts, beets, cucumber, tomato instead (go figure: in a Mexican restaurant!). Delish!

I read some interesting advise about eating comfort foods in "Mindless Eating". More people eat comfort foods and eat unconsciously when they are happy or celebrating! The advise is to pair your comfort food in a very small amount (for example ice cream) with a larger amount of a far healthier choice (here, strawberries) until you gradually can think of the strawberries as the reward and skip the ice cream altogether, replacing it, perhaps with something like a few spoons of nonfat yogurt and cinnamon or vanilla. I have been working on this technique and find it very effective. Try It!

my journal for last two days
Tuesday: 2 eggs with 2 T organic salsa and oregano and 1 piece 7 grain toast
2 c green tea

1 c blueberries and 10 almonds
2 c decaf coffee with 1/3 c lowfat milk and 1/4 tsp cinnamon

mixed greens, bell pepper, tomatoes, carrots and 4 oz salmon, artichoke hearts
2 tsp balsamic vinaigrette
1 tsp oregano

10 almonds
1 oz dark chocolate


mixed greens, bell pepper, tomatoes, carrots and 4 oz salmon, artichoke hearts
2 tsp balsamic vinaigrette
1 tsp oregano

1 c blueberries with 3 T light whipped cream and 1/4 tsp cinnamon

Wednesday June 16
1 piece 7 grain toast with 1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 c lowfat milk with 2 cup coffee

1 c blueberries
1 c green tea with 1/4 c lowfat mik

mixed greens, 4 oz ahi, cuke, tomato, beets 3 tsp vinaigrette

10 almonds
baby bell peppers
3 c iced decaf coffee with 1/2 c nonfat milk

2 egg omelet with artihearts, brocollie and 1 T crumbled gorgonzola
4 T salsa

handful raisins (unmeasured!)
10 baby carrots
2 glasses white wine 
1/2 oz hard parmesan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away. I will try to answer all questions!