Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Day 2 of the O2 Diet Challenge

GROWLLLL!

That is how my stomach woke me up at 5 am! I seriously had to focus on the poor people of Haiti to not feel sorry for myself for comsuming so few calories compared to what I am used to! I was quickly ashamed of myself and felt even worse as I went about cooking my organic egg yolk and whites. So then I cheated by adding a little steamed unsalted asparagus--which is normally added to the evening meal instead. Then, after my 45 minute harder-than-yesterday cardio workout, I treated myself to a decaf coffee with 1/8 c. nonfat milk since I only had 2 egg whites instead of 3 at breakfast (I am highly sensitive to egg whites and get sick if I have more than 2 at a time). What a spoiled rule breaking rationalizer I am! Nothing like a diet to bring out my dark side! MWAH HA HA HA....

Ten a.m. found me sitting in the post-colonscopy (my hubby's) waiting room sprinkling cinnamon on my apple over a paper towel in my lap. I got lots of strange looks from the other patients until finally a nurse came in and asked "Is that cinnamon ya got there? We can smell it ALL the way down the hall". I'm pretty sure that he was kindly asking me to put that stuff away before the whole crew sent out for CINNABONS.

I had a business lunch today which called for more " dietary adaptations". (Like the new euphemism?) I at least looked up the menu online ahead of time and had my plan. Switching the prescribed dinner for lunch, I had an organic romaine salad with recommended vegies, protein and 1 tsp oil and lemon juice. Hey, I did my best.

My HQ (Hunger Quotient) has been running at 6 ALL DAY. That means I am slightly hungry all the time, even with meals and snacks. It is completely manageable while I am working cuz there is no available food to cheat with. But I wonder what the heck I'll do tomorrow on my day off??? Oh yeah, PEDICURE! Maybe I will even go see a movie!

Soon I get dinner-YAY-which will be the normally prescribed lunch food. And BLUEBERRIES!

Two positive notes: Yesterday's constipation and little bumps on my tongue have both resolved.
I did get my pampering in today, but despite last night's early bedtime, I did not get in my full 8 hours as my empty tummy woke me up early.

Earlier to bed tonight, I guess...Maybe I will just get used to being constantly hungry and so the growling won't shock me awake.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away. I will try to answer all questions!