Sunday, January 31, 2010

Got through 1st Week on the 4 wk O2 Diet Challenge Diet

Wow! I can't believe I got through the whole weekend without caving to the temptations at every turn! Wearing the skinniest jeans I own (and haven't worn in two years) WITHOUT muffin tops sure did keep me motivated though!

Lunch was tricky both Saturday and Sunday in that I was not in a situation where lean protein was available. so both days I was equipped with bags of baby carrots and baby red bell peppers and broccoli and pecans as well as the trusty Granny Smiths to snack on until I could have an appetizer of seared ahi on Saturday night a few hours before dinner. I had dinner out AGAIN on Saturday and did amazingly well with a super yummy dish of chicken baked with green chilis, artichoke hearts, garlic, asparagus and ciliantro. It was if it were created to comply with the O2 Diet full of all those ORAC points in the artichoke and asparagus. I even guestimated the weight of the chicken on the plate and left some uneaten. Mon Dieu!

Today, Sunday, I was at an afternoon party for 6 hours and I successfully avoided all the tempting goodies and stuck with crudites, apple slices, cranberries, guacamole and some nuts. And WATER! while everyone else was enjoying champagne cocktails and wine, I stuck with my water. As I did last night at the bar after dinner. WHAT kinda inspiration has taken hold of me?? I dare not call this self discipline lest I take a nose dive and dig into the chocolate squawking at me from the pantry.

I just have to keep remember that on Feb 13 I can have either a glass of red wine or some chocolate! Just in time for Valentine's Day! Whoo hoo!

Til then, Maybe I will have to wear my skinny jeans every day to work. I wonder how severely I will be reprimanded by she who is to be obeyed at work (that Scot knows who she is! And so does everyone else who frequents the clinic!). Ah well, maybe we'll save the jeans for Friday.....

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away. I will try to answer all questions!