Sunday, January 24, 2010

Prep Day for The O2 Diet kick off starting tomorrow

I will be following Keri Glassman's book, The O2 Diet, The Cutting Edge Antioxidant Based Program That will Make You Healthy, Thin & Beautiful

Today I completed the grocery shopping for the 4 Day Cleanse, Phase I of The O2 Diet which I will formally start tomorrow. I was lucky and found not only organic spinach in stock, but also organic granny smith apples, asparagus and artichokes at Whole Foods which are NOT always available in my preferred organic mode. TJ's had organic blueberries on sale, too! Keri does not insist on organic, but with my family history of cancer, I make as many organic choices as possible.

I have to get up at 5 am on Mondays and don't get home until 8 pm, so I always prepare all of me Monday meals to take to work with me on Sunday. I prepped all of the stuff outlined for morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack and dinner and it is ready to go. Since Tuesday's meals will be exactly the same, I prepped them at the same time and packaged everything up in the designated serving sizes. Took a bit of effort, but should eliminate all effort for the next two long work days. Wednesday is my day off, so I'll prep wednesday's and thursday's meals then.

Gotta admit that I anticipate a few challenges. One challenge will be the 45 minute vigorous cardio workout I must do each of the 4 days. Yeah, I exercise 6 days a week routinely, but I DON'T push myself on cardio. I hate get winded, and I get BORED! Since hiking is out in this mud & rain, my 6:30 am work out will have to be done inside. Maybe a 5 minute warm up on bike, 20 minutes on elliptical, 10 minutes on stairmaster and 10 minutes warm down on bike will stave off the boredom factor.

I bet I will hate maintaining the food diary and really miss wine and coffee. It is gonna be a green tea kinda month, so I stocked up on my fave: Peet's Yin Hao Jasmine.

Wednesday is my day off, and when I am not working, I am more likely to nibble unconsciously unless I am otherwise occupied. So that day I am going to get a manicure and pedicure. I also have to entertain for dinner that night. I plan to make a salad, asparagus, grilled flank steak and serve fresh blueberries for dessert. My guests will get a cocktail or wine, but I am going to have to RESIST! Maybe I will just avoid opening a wine bottle and have the guests make their own cocktails so I don't get into trouble. That way I can stick with sparkling water (no sodium kind) and lemon juice. whoo-%#@+-hoo.

Keri asks us readers to write down lots of stuff, starting with a weight loss and one other type of goal. Here are mine:

32 day weight loss goal of 6 lbs. (yeah, I know, lots of people say I don't need to lose weight, but perimenopause has put on a few extra pounds, and I want to head this off at the pass and change up my eating lifestyle)
Clearer Skin--perimenopause is wreaking havoc with my skin too!

And she asks the reader to write down some lifestyle commitments to "turbo charge weight loss"
I will strive to go to bed 20 minutes earlier each night, turning the lights out by 9:20 on school nights except Wednesday when the goal is 10.
I will clear off my night stand to limit distractions.
I will spend 60 minutes per week being active (not a problem for me!!) I will do this by hiking on the weekends.
I will clean out my closet and brief case to make my life less cluttered and more soothing--over the next 2 wks. UGHH!!
She also asks that we spend 15 minutes more per day with spouse, friends or family. This is not my issue. I spend all day with either patients, my team at work who are dear friends, close friends, and my spouse commuting 2 hours per day with him & spending all my time in our remote mountain home with him. The person I don't spend enough time with is me. So I am gonna spend 15 more minutes each day with MYSELF! I am such a bad rebel.


Tomorrow: the INITIAL WEIGH IN and BEFORE PICS. blech.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away. I will try to answer all questions!