Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Day 3 is Done! 24 more hrs of Phase I of O2 Diet.

Whoo Hoo! Day 3 is done! One more day of feeling mildly hungry ALL of the time. That would be a Hunger Quotient 6 (HQ6). But this IS a cleanse and WAAYYY better than fasting or living on juice alone for 4 days. The good news is that I have maintained pretty decent energy and a stable mood throughout. I have found myself toting my lunch, snacks and dinners everywhere I go and have eaten them in some pretty strange places. I had to eat my morning apple with cinnamon snack at the gym between sets while working out with my trainer. I just could not do any more without getting my blood sugar up!

TIP: cut up apple and sprinkle with lemon juice to prevent browning and then sprinkle with cinnamon and place in small plastic container or bag for easy eating when at work or on the go. Avoids a lot of mess and embarrassment while in gyms or colonoscopy waiting rooms!

I had a scheduled dinner out with a good friend tonight, so I had to make some improvisations. Got in the chicken breast and the only viable salad the menu offered: greens tossed with vinegar and olive oil. I had brussel sprouts on the side. Drank sparkling water with lots of lemon and abstained from the wine. THAT WAS NOT EASY. I feel pretty victorious. Dessert was hibiscus tea. I knew I could come home to my nightly blueberries, so I just held on.

While eating my lunch during my pedicure today (surely that little multi-tasking item counts as pampering??), I decided that I am going to give myself a reward at the end of each of the next four weeks: manicure one week, massage another, facial another. At the end of the 32 day challenge, I am going to go out to the best bikini shop I can find a get myself the cutest one I can find for the trip I just booked to the Jersey shore with my family this summer!

P.S. LOVING the fig vinegar on spinach with salmon and dry toasted pecans! MMmmmmmmm. The food on this is quite good. It is just the low calories that I struggle with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away. I will try to answer all questions!