Monday, January 25, 2010

Winding up Day 1 of the O2 Diet Challenge

Mmmm. These blueberries are the best thing I've had all day. Great way to finish the day. Had 'em after I got home (ate my huge salad and chicken dinner before coming home) as evening is when I want to snack--tho usually on bad stuff. My HQ is really low now. I feel FULL!

I had trouble getting my afternoon snack eaten as my hands were on patients nonstop all afternoon. So I ate the snack with my dinner to make sure I got in all my ORAC points.

The biggest difficulty I have had today is getting in 8 cups of water each with 1 oz lemon juice. I have had 5 cups of water with lemon juice. DANG! That stuff is TART. I have little sores on the tip of my tongue from so much lemon juice, and I was running to the bathroom LOTS more than usual. Now I feel all sloshy. I don't think I can drink more than an additional 1 cup of water before going to bed or I will be up all night peeing!

Tomorrow I am going to get in 45 minutes of harder cardio and a little weight lifting, and I am really gone try to drink all this water, though I don't know if my tongue can handle much more lemon juice. Maybe I will have more spices or cinnamon or take a vitamin C pill to make up for it.

While I spent lots of time emptying my bladder today, I did not have nearly as much success with my bowel. I think the lack of grainy fiber may have something to do with this. A little Magnesium and Vitamin C should do the trick......

Uh Oh! I have failed at pampering myself today, nor did I get my stretching done. Will need to do some extra self pampering tomorrow! Poor me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away. I will try to answer all questions!