Saturday, January 30, 2010

Whoa! Can this really be MY flattish tummy?

Having finished day 5 and starting day 6 of my 32 day O2 Diet Challenge, I gotta say that I am pretty damn happy. First of all, I have been in a really good mood since starting this thing. I am feeling really consistently upbeat, even when I have been feeling a bit hungry. Secondly, yesterday I was so blown away that I had lost 4 lbs that I thought the scales were lying, so on a bonafide medical scale, I reweighed mid afternoon with clothes on after having had breakfast, snack, lunch and a bunch of water, tea and coffee, and sure enough, that scale said I had lost 4 lbs! Incredibly my tummy looks almost flat!!!!!! Now I'm not sayin' that my tummy is as flat as an 18 year old's for whom all of those tight extra long tank tops and camis are designed, but I am sayin that my tummy has not been this flat since my last colonoscopy 2 years ago! (for those of you over 50, you know how that colonoscopy prep cleans you out and flattens your tummy!! Blech!) So the O2 Diet 4 day cleanse was a MUCH more enjoyable way of attaining flattish tummy status than colonoscopy prep.

Major SUCCESS last night at the wine bar! While all my friends were enjoying some amazing wines, I stuck to sparkling water with lemon. For dinner, I ordered an organic salad, green beans and salmon. I even skipped all the white bread and olive oil my friends were wolfing down. Then, for dessert I had a lowfat decaf cappuccino. I guess mint tea would have been better, but honestly? Not reward enough for the willpower I had exerted by avoiding wine and bread!

Today being Saturday, you'd think I'd have more time for preparing a big healthy salad with grilled lean protein for lunch, but I got home from my morning errands well past noon and don't feel like going to the trouble. So I had 3/4 cup nonfat organic plain yogurt with cinnamon, vanilla and 1/2 cup blueberries. And I did have a morning snack of a Granny Smith apple and some raw pistachios. Breakfast was on target: 1 egg yolk, 3 egg whites scrambled with artichoke hearts and plum tomatoes and 1 slice mulitgrain bread sans butter, 1/2 c nonfat milk and coffee. But that lunch should have been a salad and lean protein with a little flat. I'll snack later on some super high ORAC value vegetables like brocolli and asparagus dipped in salsa with 1/4 avocado.

Truth be told, since I am half way through day 2 of Phase II, I have not completed my daily O2 journal in which I am to log my consumption and calculate my ORAC score. BAD ZOOT! I wonder were Keri Glassman here if she would flog or spank me or send me to my room without my evening blueberries??

Keri? You out there? I KNOW you are!

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away. I will try to answer all questions!