Thursday, January 28, 2010

PHASE 1 DONE!

I DID IT! I got through The CLEANSE--the first four days of The O2 Diet. Tomorrow morning I re-weigh to see if I lost any weight in just 4 days. I'll be happy with one pound, but since I had a little monthly visitor today and that often ups my weight a bit, I won't hold my breath. Having gotten through the first four days pretty darn well is reward enough.

But here are the biggest perks of the 4 day cleanse:

I have learned that as long as I can have some fruit, I can get by without sugar quite easily.
I have learned that I can just say NO to a glass of wine while my friends are imbibing (not so easy, but possible).
My tummy is flatter! not flat--but flatter!
I have learned how much water I really need to consume so that I don't feel dehydrated all day. That would be a solid 6 glasses, 8 is even better.
2 tsp of olive oil and some lemon juice or fig vinegar is all I need on a large salad! more is overkill
I can stop my nut munching (I LOVE NUTS!) by counting out 9 or 10 in advance and limiting myself to that.
Blueberries are the BEST night time snack. I measure out 1 cup and munch them one by one. Sweet!
I have developed a much stronger awareness of food's ORAC values. (anti oxidant capacity)

I must admit I have felt consistently and mildly to moderately hungry (HQ6) the entire time, and I don't enjoy it. So I'm really looking forward to tomorrow when I can have a more filling breakfast and more substantial snacks. Hopefully I can dial in at a neutral hunger quotient of HQ5--not full, not hungry but satisfied for most of the day.

So far, I am enjoying the food as I knew I would, and I have every intention of continuing the program!

Stay tune for tomorrow morning's weigh in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away. I will try to answer all questions!