Friday, March 5, 2010

32 days: 10 pounds down

Since today is Friday, I decided to weigh in. 131.5 So I gained a pound since Tuesday which is, in my mind, a good thing. I think my best weight is between 130 and 135, and I feel confident I can stay at that level while eating Phase III of the O2 Diet. Being sick with the tummy thing has certainly curtailed my coffee habit. Wine, too! And I know I can only have a tiny amount of chocolate: a half ounce every few days. When one has increased gastric acid production, one is not supposed to eat 2 hours before going to bed, or one pays a price in a big way, so there goes any temptation of nighttime snacking--my pre O2 Diet downfall.

Now my challenge is, as I start to feel better, resume eating a little MORE! I have had to eat minimal breakfast (only 1/2 hot oatbran with cinnamon and NOTHING else), small lunch: greens and thoroughly cooked protein, tinier dinner: chicken vegetable soup with only a few raw pecans as snack in between. I have not felt up to fruit and only a little big of plain non fat yogurt, so this weekend, I will try some low acid fruit, like berries, and a little more yogurt. Still dubious about the green tea's effect on my tummy. Wine and all things alcoholic are FEARSOME!

In the meantime, Keri Glassman has put forth a recipe challenge on her Nutritious Life Facebook page, and I intend to enter! I am going to experiment with some soups. And I have an idea for an O2 acceptable phase III Tart!

Will keep you posted on the recipe experiments.

All in all, I lost 10 pounds on the O2 Diet over 32 days, although the last 5 days of the diet I was a bit sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away. I will try to answer all questions!