Monday, March 15, 2010

That Conniving Little Voice

Last Friday I weighed in at 131 again, so I have maintained my 10 pound weight loss! Whoo Hoo! I haven't been this weight since I was about 31! I am really liking this weight. I feel pretty---dare I say---hopeful about maintaining this weight by keeping my evening munchies under control to one of my two daily servings of fruit and by really being prepared for my meals and snacks, even if "being prepared" means going to a restaurant and pre-planning what I am going to have. Well, let's be honest here, I am going to have to pay close attention to that little voice that constantly wants to sneak honey into my tea, whipped cream onto my strawberries, a handful of granola at night. That little voice is sneaky. Clever. Manipulative. Must. be. corralled and channeled into other forms of pleasure: reading, massage, exercise, a bath. yada yada. Like I EVER took a bath when I was craving sugar. Uh HUH. NOT!!!!!!

I believe that Keri Glassman has suggested a mere TWO "Conscious Indulgences" per week, but I have one every single day. So far, I have not paid the price in weight gain. Every day I have about 1/2 ounce of dark chocolate in one form or another. On the weekends I might ALSO have a glass of wine which means on some days I have TWO Conscious Indulgences! Call me lucky that so far I have maintained a good weight with this strategy. I think I have a pretty fast metabolism AND I have an active job and exercise 6 days per week, so perhaps I can hold onto this weight through these peri-menopausal years with controlled Conscious Indulgences.

So, if any of you are confused about what the Phase III and beyond O2 Lifestyle daily regimen is, I believe it is supposed to work out something like this:

Breakfast:
2/3 c to 1c of nonfat dairy or eggs (1yolk, 2-3 whites)
1 serving whole grain carb OR 1 fruit
green tea
spice or herb (ie cinnamon w/ dairy or oregano w/egg)
lemon water

Snack:
1 serving fruit or 1 serving vegetable
8 nuts or some avocado
tea and or lemon water

Lunch:
3-4 oz Lean protein
vegetables ie steamed or salad with herb/spice
fat serving ie 2 tsp olive oil
lemon water

Snack:
1 serving fruit or 1 serving vegetable
8 nuts or some avocado
OR Power Snack: 2/3-1 c nonfat dairy and 1/2-1 serving fruit
tea and or lemon water

Dinner
3-4 oz Lean protein
vegetables ie steamed or salad with herb/spice
fat serving ie 2 tsp olive oil
lemon water

One can insert either one additional grain OR one additional fruit (for a max of one serving grain plus two servings fruit OR one serving fruit and two servings grain) I routinely take one serving grain and 2 servings fruit. I like the fruit better, plus they provide more ORAC points!

Twice per week:
conscious indulgence
ie 1/2 oz dark chocolate
1 glass red wine (5 oz)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away. I will try to answer all questions!