Tuesday, March 2, 2010

STILL wrestling with this tummy bug. WHINE

Boo Hoo Hoooo. I am STILL wrestling with this tummy bug: nausea, sour stomach, lower intestinal cramping, gas and constipation mingling with awful hot flashes right before each episode of one of the above stated symptoms. It seems all started suddenly after eating Char on Feb 20 and has not abated one bit. I can eat very little without triggering more symptoms. Even almond butter on 7 grain toast sends me into a tailspin. I can eat a chicken vegetable soup from Whole Foods, a simple salad of greens and cooked chicken with rice wine vinegar and that is about it. Even an apple sent me into a tailspin, so I have been very hesitant to eat another. Successfully munched a few blueberries, so I will try more of those today. I also managed to digest some nonfat organic plain yogurt. I am wondering if this is gall bladder (sometimes fat seems to trigger and both my parents had gallstones and I am 52--prime age) or a bug, but both my Internist and my Gastroenterologist are out of town for two more weeks, so getting tested soon by any doctor of merit is not looking real feasible. So I am downing plenty of probiotics.

If you are still reading my WHINE, I mention this only because I have not been able to eat all that I need to stay true to the O2 diet and keep up with the 30,000 ORAC points a day. I am using cinnamon when I can. Today I will try it on some nonfat yogurt and blueberries. I will also try some water packed packed artichoke hearts and some steamed asparagus with some oregano and a few raw pecans. This really sucks PARTICULARLY because I have had this interruption just 6 days before the conclusion of the 32 Day Challenge I has set for myself.

On the plus side, I seriously doubt I have gained any weight. Probably lost some. So stay tuned if you can "stomach" it. So to speak. Sorry.

1 comment:

  1. oh men! I was going thought the exact same thing!!! This happened after I ate some fried rice and fatty meats. I have to go to work so I worked though the pain, but seriously hard, I couldn't sleep a minute. Unlike you, I was able to keep to the O2 diet and finished off the 32 day challenge losing 10 pounds in total.

    I hope you feel better, every now and then I feel the gas pain in my stomach, mine is towards my upper digestive section and I hate it.

    ReplyDelete

Comment away. I will try to answer all questions!