Monday, February 22, 2010

I'll Take The 4Day Cleanse over this ANY DAY!

Blech, I have spent the last 36 hours with some kind of tummy bug. NOT a fun way to lose weight. I'll take the 4 day cleanse over this ANY DAY! I am not sure if this is a virus or just something bad I ate--like the Char I cooked Saturday night or the funny smelling Resveratrol pill I took Saturday night. I know, I know. I'm a doctor and should know better. I just thought Resveratrol was supposed to smell bad. Dr. Jack Kruse assured me that it should not. Okie Dokie, then. Anyway, I'm paying for whatever with a very upset stomach AND colon. I wish I could just vomit and get it out of my system, but NOOOOOooo. It's coming out the slooowwww way.

Friday night I had two glasses of wine and an on target O2 meal: some yummy salmon over some very lightly steamed broccoli slaw with some light tasty sauce and a salad with a tsp of vinaigrette. I have decided that 1-2 glasses of wine is not something I am going to trash myself over if I can keep my portions and indulgences under control otherwise. And so far I am doing really well with portions, empty carb avoidance and sugar avoidance. So far, I have had a few days when I enjoyed a half ounce of dark chocolate, and that is quite satisfying. I am beginning to see a future where this eating lifestyle truly is a lifestyle. I am actually moving beyond my need to snack unconsciously on untold quantities of nuts and granola after a full meal of uncontrolled portions. How cool!!

I think 64 oz of lemon water per day is too acidic for my stomach AND my teeth, so I am hydrating with more plain water, but I am still getting plenty of ORACs each day, since all of my favorite fruits and vegetables and nuts and spices seem to be the high ORAC ones anyway. I am a cinnamon FREAK! Love it in my coffee and certain herbal teas (not green tea though: YUCK), my almond butter toast, on many fruits and in yogurt. If I eat hot cereal in the future, it will go on that too. Gives a sweet taste without sugar. Whoo HOO!

This weekend I cooked up some Char, a relative of salmon and trout. Does anyone know the EFA value in Char? It sure is tasty and can be found in season and wild now, whereas salmon cannot. It has a milder flavor than salmon but can be prepared in the salmon way with the same sauces, sides, etc.

See, I can write about food now, so I must be feeling a little better!

1 comment:

  1. OMG I hope you are feeling better. I feel your pain because I had the same issue this weekend. I went to a party and ate a lot of rice and fatty meat. I did not sleep a minute Sunday night, my stomach was bad. I figured it was the dramatic change in diet. I had so much gas and I took some gas pills which finally helped me. I learned I have to slow down while eating too.

    ReplyDelete

Comment away. I will try to answer all questions!