Thursday, February 11, 2010

Salmon with Strawberry Balsamic Glaze

Salmon with Strawberry Balsalmic Glaze

I made another recipe from the brilliant O2 Diet by Keri Glassman. She has a fantastic recipe for Salmon with Raspberry Balsamic Glaze, but raspberries are really expensive right now, so I substituted frozen organic strawberries. It was delicious! This is how I did it:

I quadrupled the book's recipe so I had enough for 4 servings. Based on that, this is what I used:

1 package frozen organic strawberries, thawed
5 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
4 teaspoons freshly squeezed Orange juice squeezed from the orange from which I grated
1 tsp fresh orange peel
2 T red wine
1 1/2 tsp agave syrup (honey would be good too)

Dump all ingredients together in sauce pan, cook over medium low for about 15-20 minutes until reduced to your desired thickness, stirring and mashing strawberries from time to time. Whirl in blender til smooth.

Serve over salmon or, for a Conscious Indulgence, over plain nonfat yogurt with a few fresh strawberries and some crumbled toasted pecans!

super yummy! Thanks, Keri!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away. I will try to answer all questions!