Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Three more days til Phase III. Can I make it??

Today I got through the afternoon with far fewer cravings. YAY! AND I had a fantastic lunch AT A RESTAURANT that was a perfect phase II meal. It was super yummy and I was completely satisfied afterward!

The restaurant, in Morgan Hill, CA, is called VietAsia. The "chicken salad" was made up of shredded red and green cabbage and very finely diced and evidently blanched (not completely raw) white onions and carrots, topped with sliced chicken breast and toasted crushed peanuts and fresh mint. The dressing is the real kicker: rice vinegar, fish sauce, pepper, garlic, and a little sprinkle of chili powder. I think I tasted a trace of sugar in it too, but very little. So this was an oil free dressing. I drank some yummy green tea with the meal, of course. Definitely gonna try to duplicate this recipe at home, and when I succeed, I will post it!

Tonight is my beloved book club meeting. Basically, the six of us women enjoy plenty of wine and yummy desserts over our book discussion. So I am faced with resisting those temptations AGAIN! Everyday has its challenges.

I CAN'T WAIT TIL PHASE III! Three more days.......

2 comments:

  1. Today is my last day on Phase II, I feel great and look a lot better but I cannot wait to weight myself. I have not worked out since I started so my weight loss is slow. But this is really about living healthier but the weight loss is a bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the weight loss is a bonus but a big motivator in the short run--so important when getting started. For those with patience, the improved health and abundant energy and beautiful skin and hair are the long term benefits!

    Check in with me later! If you want to email me personally, drsteindc@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Comment away. I will try to answer all questions!