Saturday, February 6, 2010

Slippage

Well, I finally caved. Had a 1/2 glass of some pretty yummy Burgundy and 1/2 blueberry martini tonight. I worry that my resolve is slipping and that it will be downhill from here, but I also know that choices are made in the moment, and I have lots of moments in my future to make other choices. Hopefully I will continue to make choices to stick closely to the Phase II plan until next Saturday night when I officially start Phase III and can have one conscious indulgence daily. Like one glass of really good wine or one piece of really good chocolate.

My food choices tonight (we went out with friends for drinks, dinner and movie) were pretty good: smoked salmon at the wine bar (skipped the baguette that was served alongside it), a salad with tomato, cukes, feta and avocado and an herbal vinaigrette, steamed asparagus and grilled eggplant. For "dessert" I had a decaf cappuccino.

The rest of the day I did quite well.

Superbowl Sunday should go just fine as I detest watching football and the obligatory wings and beer and chips. Besides, I haven't been invited to a party. I bet the gym will be deserted tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Great blog, I must say your idea of cheating is funny. I almost cheated yesterday February 7th. I was craving french fries!!! I mean craving. Thanks for the blog and please keep it up, I am 5'6" and looking to weigh 135 by summer. I have 20 to go and your blog keeps me going :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! I can't believe I am an inspiration for someone else! Keep me posted. If you have any good tips, recipes or ideas, post 'em!

    ReplyDelete

Comment away. I will try to answer all questions!