Saturday, February 6, 2010

Feeling Gooooood!

I am feeling reaallll gooood! My energy and mood are awesome and I sure am liking the absence of muffin tops right now! Last night I was pretty successful at resisting temptation at the bar and restaurant scene with friends. As my friend Kate will testify, I did have 3 very small sips--not gulps--of my husband's white wine. It gave me a headache! So I went home early and indulged in my nightly snack of 1 cup of blueberries. I have always craved a night time snack and before starting O2 I would snack unconsciously and uncontrollably on raw nuts (maybe a cup at a time), dried fruit and or granola--yep a cup at a time or more! So one cup of blueberries really fills that need for an evening snack and it does not trigger my appetite for nuts or granola or chocolate, etc. I don't have my afternoon fruit snack--then I have raw vegies and 10 nuts (easiest during work between patients) and I save that cup of fruit for evening. Certainly does not seem to have slowed down my weight loss as I have been having a cup of berries every night since the 4 day cleanse.

Tomorrow night I am going to try making some of the recipes in The O2 Diet. Perhaps I will do the salmon with raspberry balsalmic sauce and or the Chicken stuffed with Lemon Artichoke pesto. Then I will pack them up for work for Monday and Tuesday meals. Yummy

Here is another dish I invented for Phase II:

Seared Ahi with wasabi ginger lime sauce and vegies

Lightly spray skillet with canola oil
take slices of sushi grade ahi and sear over medium high heat for 2-3 min each side depending on thickness
Meanwhile, microwave or steam or blanch broccoli, red bell pepper and asparagus tips and bok choy. other good vegies are carrot slices, onions, green beans, mushroom slices

mix up the sauce:
1 tsp wasabi powder
2 tsp fresh grated ginger or 1 tsp powdered ginger
2 T toasted sesame oil
2 T lime juice
1/2 tsp minced garlic

spoon 3 tsp sauce over each 4 oz serving of ahi and some veggies

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away. I will try to answer all questions!