Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Back in the Saddle. Sorta

Well, the weekend of Unconscious Decadence is behind me and I have done well the last few days eating The O2 Way. I have figured out that the best way for me to avoid continued eating AFTER a meal is to have lots of vegetables with the meal, i.e. a generous salad (with 2 tsp oil MAX) AND steamed vegetables with a little citru juice and/or rind (ie broccoli with lemon and oregano or thyme; asparagus with orange--yumm and coriander) plus my 4 oz protein serving. Having a big glass of sparkling water with lemon before dinner helps too.

I really have not been getting enough water or green tea. I get two cups of Oolong daily, but for some reason, the green tea, which I have loved in the past, is just not doing it for me these days. It may be all the lemony water has changed my taste buds in a way that the astringency of green tea is not floating my boat. Anyway, I have been having Oolong tea with a splash of nonfat milk and sometimes some cinnamon. Then today I read a posting by nutrition conscious neurosurgeon, Dr. Jack Kruse, that dairy inhibits the anti-oxidant effects of tea where as acid (ie lemon) enhances those effects. SOOOoooo, I guess I need to start taking my tea with lemon instead of milk. I will miss the creamy goodness.....

I am still being terrible about logging my intake daily. It seems all I can do to get my food organized and schlepped around and eaten, my water and tea consumed, my 8 hrs of sleep (recently interrupted by the onset of 4 am hotflashes--Jees!) and personal pampering AND daily exercise accomplished in the midst of working and completing my honey-dos. (My husband is constantly thinking up honey-dos. Grrrr.) I don't know how SOME people do it: maintaining the diet, working mega hours, travelling all over the country doing media events, exercising AND caring for two young kids. Hmmmmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away. I will try to answer all questions!