Thursday, February 4, 2010

Pearls of Godiva

Uh Oh. At Peet's, my favorite coffee place, I discovered Godiva Pearls. Little tiny pearls of dark chocolate smaller than an Altoid but bigger than a Tictac, weighing in at only .025 oz per pearl, what harm could one little pearly bit of dark indulgence do? Or 8? Well, I did it. I had 8 of them. Amazingly that .2 oz of chocolately goodness did not fuel my nearly addictive love for dark chocolate, but it may have opened a little trap door in the back of my mind. We know where that trap door leads: to the chambers of rationalization. Now I know full well that .5 oz of dark chocolate awaits me each and every day when I get to Phase III, but that day does not arrive until February 12. So my little purse-sized tin of Godiva Pearls is going into the locking cabinet in the office where I will have to really think twice to access them.

One of my patients who goes to a weight loss clinic shared a good analogy for that "stinking thinking" pathway of "I messed up, so I might as well eat the whole thing". The weight loss counselor put it this way: If you have one flat tire, you aren't going to go slash the rest of the tires. You are going to fix the one and get on with it. So with that in mind, I am moving forward. Breakfast and morning snack: on target. Eagerly anticipating my lunch of a big salad with lots of high ORAC vegies with grilled chicken and 2 tsp olive oil and yummy fig balsamic.

Day 7 of Phase II and I have yet to fill out the O2 Journal. I managed to pamper myself as promised with a pretty manicure yesterday, but I only got 6 hours of sleep. Tonight: to bed at 9!!!!!

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away. I will try to answer all questions!